Sunday, October 19, 2014

Body Merry Cellulite Defense Gel-Cream Review



I was lucky enough to be selected by Body Merry to try out their Cellulite Defense Gel-Cream with Caffeine and Retinol for free!  Body Merry claims that this cream will "visibly reduce the appearance of unwanted bumps and lumps and [give you] skin that feels and looks tighter, smoother and younger!" Obviously I was skeptical, but I don't think many women would turn down the chance at getting those results!   Ironically, two different manufacturers sent me cellulite cream for review at the same time, so I used each on a different thigh to compare the results.  This was officially my "Right Thigh Cream".

Very hydrating, not greasy at all!

When I first opened the product, a strong minty smell overwhelmed me - quite similar to Vicks vapor rub.  The manufacturer describes this as a 100% natural mint - green tea - lime fragrance.  The scent didn't bother me, but it was something that I could see others having issue with.  As a bonus, I liked to tell myself that it was a great way to clear my sinuses every morning.

It's very difficult to describe the consistency of this product, and I feel "gel-cream" really does it the best.  It's not at all greasy and leaves absolutely no residue behind - everything absorbs into your skin almost immediately, leaving your skin feeling soft and hydrated.

Then, the magic begins!  I began feeling my leg get goosebumps because of it's cooling effects.  Then, without warning, the product began heating up - leaving my thigh tingly all over.  A word of caution - the first time I tried this product, I might have applied it carelessly and gotten it on some more "sensitive skin" areas.  It BURNS on sensitive skin.  I think anyone who has ever used IcyHot on an more sensitive area knows exactly what I am talking about!  Therefore, be very cautious about where the product is applied!

Then, after 3 weeks of application...

Before (Please, ignore the cat toy!) & After
My skin definitely felt noticeably softer and smoother!  I can't be sure of it's actual effects on my cellulite, because I had to pose my leg differently in the Before & After photos.  It sure looks like it helped, but who knows.  (It also made it apparent to me that I need more sun!)

After 3 weeks of application, once per day, on only 1 thigh, I have about 1/4 of the jar left.  Therefore, I would suspect a jar to last about 1 week of the recommended, twice daily application.  At $20/jar, this could be quite costly.  I personally don't plan on re-purchasing any additional product once this jar runs out.

The amazing thing is, Body Merry offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee - if you don't like the results you get, just contact them and they will give you all of your money back - you don't even need to return the product!  With that kind of customer service, there's no reason not to try this for yourself!

(I received the product mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.)

1 comment: