Sunday, October 19, 2014

Bella Naturals Firming Cellulite Cream Review



About a month ago, Bella Naturals sent me a jar of their Firming Cellulite Cream to try.  They claim that this product will "smooth those lumpy bumpy cottage cheese thighs and firm that jiggly butt!"  Quite an interesting claim that I, for one, did not want to pass up!  Ironically, two different manufacturers sent me cellulite cream for review at the same time, so I used each on a different thigh to compare the results.  This was officially my "Left Thigh Cream".

Before even receiving the cream, I received an e-mail from the manufacturer with some hints and tips on how to use the product once I receive it.  I appreciated that they reached out like this and was already impressed with my experience.

Sticky and gooey - after 3 weeks, there was barely any left.
Upon first opening the product, I was surprised by a somewhat minty glue/paint scent.  Bella Naturals informs users that there might be a "menthol" type fragrance, which is the peppermint left extract and peppermint oil, used to reduce inflammation.

Much like the smell, the product also felt like glue.  It was gooey and slimy.  After application, it didn't seem to really soak into the skin - rather sit on top and leave a sticky residue.  I once tried to continue rubbing the product into my skin to see if it just took more "elbow grease" to make it absorb, but the product ended up drying and peeling off, leaving chunks of what looked like dried glue all over my legs.

Once dried, the product does show immediate (although I am sure temporary) results.  My thigh looked sleek and silky.  After three weeks of use, my skin definitely felt softer and smoother, but I was under the impression that this product was basically for immediate results and probably didn't do much long term.  However, I then compared at my before & after photos...

Before & After - look at the disappearance of the lumps and bumps!
I can't be sure of it's actual effects on my cellulite, but my gosh it sure looks like it helped!  In the after photo, my skin looks so much smoother and the lumps towards the front of my leg have almost disappeared!  (These photos also made it apparent to me that I need more sun!)

After 3 weeks of application, once per day, on only 1 thigh, I used up my entire jar.  Therefore, I would suspect a jar to last less than a week of the recommended, twice daily application.  At $20/jar, this could be quite costly.  I personally don't plan on re-purchasing any additional product.

(I received the product mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment