Thursday, December 25, 2014

Foxbrim Facial Toner & Seaweed Complex Lotion

Foxbrim sent me two of their products to try and review for you all!  As always, I am so thankful to the companies who are willing to send me their products in return for an unbiased review - that alone shows that they truly care about what their customers think!


First up is their Natural Facial Toner.  I recently had a facial done at my salon and loved the toner she had used on me during the process.  I made a mental note to myself that I had to find a toner that I loved to start using, as well!  When I was younger, I would always use the Seabreeze toner, but I feel that's just so harsh on your skin - which is why I was pumped about trying Foxbrim's all natural option!

I loved that this came in a spray bottle - it makes it so much easier to apply than when you have to wipe it on with a cotton ball.  I used the toner after I was done cleaning my face and neck, before applying any moisturizer or other products.  It feels light-weight and refreshing on my skin, giving it an extra boost of freshness.  However, because of the scent, I've had to stop using it.  I might be fussier about scents than others, but this smells like I am spraying the bath water after washing my cat onto my face.  After spraying, I'd walk around the house quickly, as to let the breeze dry the product as quickly as possible and hopefully leave the smell behind - but this was just too much of a hassle to continue using the product.


The next product that Foxbrim sent me was their Seaweed Complex Lotion.  I was also stoked about this one, as I have been looking for a new moisturizer ever since leaving my last favorite one with my mom!  I used this moisturizer both in the morning and at night before bed to try and combat the dry skin that winter has been causing around my nose.

The moisturizer went on smoothly, without any greasiness.  It absorbed into my skin quite quickly, allowing me to continue with my daily facial routine without needing to wait around.  I was surprised by the smell of this, as it was very strongly scented - at first it reminded me of a bar of soap, but after having a friend smell it, she made me realize that this smells like men's aftershave.  I am very surprised that something that is all natural can have this level of fragrance in it.

I will mention this one more time - I am very fussy about scents, and in this case, I just do not feel comfortable putting something so highly-fragranced onto my face.  I'm sure it's just fine, but after years and years of telling myself that fragrances don't go above my neck, this just goes against everything I know.  I really, really feel this would be an excellent product for a guy who needs a good moisturizer, but doesn't want to feel too "metro" about it.

The fantastic thing about Foxbrim is that they offer an amazing guarantee.  If for any reason you are unsatisfied with any of your purchase, they will refund all of your money.  No questions asked.  If you are less of a fussy-head than I am about your scents, I definitely recommend you give these two products a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment