Sunday, December 14, 2014

Unboxing my ModaVoxBox


I was so excited when I received my #ModaVoxBox from Influenster - there were so many goodies to try!  After putting them to use over the past few weeks, I wanted to pass on my thoughts on each,

Rimmel London sent the most products, including their Moisture Renew Lipstick, Moisture Renew Lip Liner, and Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara.  At the moment, their Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara is my all-time favorite go-to mascara, so I was pumped to give Rockin' Curves a try.

The wand on the Rockin' Curves is unlike any mascara I've ever seen before - almost "S" shaped.  I loved it for reaching the outer- and inner-most corners of my eyes, though - I feel I put mascara on lashes that have never felt mascara before!

Before & After Rimmel London Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara

Although it doesn't give me huge lashes like the Retro Glam does, the Rockin' Curves makes applying mascara to my lower lashes SO simple.  My new everyday makeup routine has me using Rockin' Curves on the bottom, while I use Retro Glam up top.  It's the best of both Scandaleyes worlds!

Next up was Puff's SoftPack.  I love, Love, LOVE having this SoftPack on my couch for whenever I might need a tissue.  It's soft, so I don't have to worry about leaning into it and getting a sharp corner in my side - and it's great to just toss across the room if anyone else needs a tissue.

Recently, Clairol released a new hair product line at Target called Hair Food.  While Influenster sent me their Moisture Hair Mask, I took my coupon straight to Target and also bought one of the shampoos (combined with cartwheel to save even more!)  I love how pure these products are, with none of the stuff that gunks up and stays on your hair, weighing it down.  I also love the salon-style pump on the shampoos, which makes using it in the shower a breeze.

When I first used my hair mask, however, I found my hair to feel super greasy and oily.  Afterwards, I spoke to my hair stylist about it, and she told me that when using any sort of conditioner or deep conditioning treatments, to always avoid applying it to the first few inches of hair near the scalp.  Unless you have a super dry scalp, your own natural oils do an awesome job themselves at keeping that immediate hair conditioned and healthy.  I had no idea, but it makes perfect sense!  Since then, I've only used the Hair Food Hair Mask on my bottom half of my head, and there has been no more greasiness!

Swiss Miss has came out with this new cocoa line called Simply Cocoa, and it is AMAZING.  I hate companies who think the more products they use, the better their final product will be.  I prefer purchasing natural, simple products so I know exactly what my family is eating.  Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa is just five ingredients - sugar, cocoa, nonfat milk, salt, and natural flavor.  Nothing artificial, nothing you can't pronounce, and it tastes fantastic!  The only slight downfall is that it must be made with milk, not water optional like most cocoas.  This was also on sale at Target, and paired with a coupon and cartwheel was only around 50 cents.


I also received Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer.  This stuff is rich and is definitely for dry, dry skin - and it leaves your skin feeling super nourished.  My issue was that it didn't fully absorb into my skin, so it made it near impossible to put on skinny jeans or leggings afterwards, because my legs were so sticky.  I've had to stick to using this lotion only before bedtime, so that it has all night to properly absorb!

Lastly, Influenster sent me a bottle of Resource Spring Water.  Nothing blew me away about this water - I still prefer bottled waters that have the spout cap to drink out of when I am going to the gym.  If you want to get your water delivered, however, right now they are offering up to 50% off your first delivery at http://www.polandspringdelivery.com/resource.cfm?utm_source=influenster

Want to receive free products in the mail in exchange for your unbiased review?  Comment below or send me your e-mail address and I will send you an invitation to Influenster!

No comments:

Post a Comment